Saturday, November 13, 2010

"Family" Autumn Banner

I had seen a few banner blog hops recently and I was inspired to make one myself. Since I am having Thanksgiving dinner this year, I thought this would be appropriate to have hanging up.

Here are some close-ups of the leaves...
Wow..I just noticed in my photos that my walls look gray; in reality, they are peach...weird. Well anyway, I thought it turned out really nice and now I am so inspired that I will be making one for Christmas.
 
Finished banner: approximately 3 feet (from end of leaves; with the ribbon on each end, add about another 8" on each side)
Leaves are cut at 6"
Acorns are cut at 1 1/2" for the ones on the ends, and 1" for the ones in the middle

Materials:
Cardstock: Brown (2 shades), Gold, Orange, Mustard, Rust, Red Orange and Yellow Orange (each leaf in "Family" is a different color. The leaves on the ends are the same as the "M" and "A", respectively.
Cricut Cartridge Cupcake Wrappers, Leaf (Layer Toppers, 7th button)
Cricut Cartridge Create A Critter, Acorn page 32 (Accessory Base and Shift)
Cricut Cartridge George and Basic Shapes, "Give" "Thanks"
Cricut Design Studio
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder D'Vine Swirls
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Swiss Dots
Sizzix Embossing Folder Plaid (Acorn Tops)
Thin Green Ribbon
3D-Dots

Another thing I noticed AFTER I finished this banner was that I had just bought a tablecloth that had leaves and acorns on it also. Strange how it worked out...lol. I am having 10 people over which should be nice...not too many but not too little. Unfortunately, my husband has to work, so I guess my boys had better help me out. Basically, I am going to try to get as much done beforehand. Going to try NOT to stress. Hahahahahahahaha...well, I'm trying to think that I won't. How about you? When you are entertaining, do you stress out or are you one of the lucky ones that just can relax and have fun. (Boy I envy that). I am better once everything is in place.

More than likely, I am finished with making any fall/Thanksgiving projects. Christmas is on the brain. See you soon. I would love for you to leave a comment. Thanks...and imagine what you could do...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana! I love your banner. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. You are the winner of my stamp giveaway. Please send me your mailing addy and I'll get those goodies out to you. Congrats!!!
    Keelyyowler@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails