Sunday, November 7, 2010

Invitations for a Cookie Exchange


I'm going to host a cookie exchange and here are my invitations. This is a close-up of one invit:


I thought they turned out cute.

Finished Size: 4 1/" x 5 1/2"

Materials:
Cardstock: Black, White, Gold, Red and Brown
Patterned Cards
Cricut Cartridge Simply Charmed, Penguin 2 page 66 (Shift Base, Shift Layer 1, Shift Layer 2, Shift Layer 4)
Cricut Cartridge From My Kitchen, Cookie (Gingerbread man) page 65 (Base) (I decorated each Gingerbread man differently with a white gel pen and black marker)
Sizzix Embossing Folder, Snowflakes (I embossed the front half of the card)
Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Combo Border, Aspen ( I used the snowflakes that are punched out)
Doodlebug Design Inc Crushed Velvet Flock, Red (I flocked the bow ties)
Googly Eyes
The sentiment is printed from my computer.

I did add some charcoal chalk around the outside of the white body to give him a little more dimension and some pink chalk for cheeks after the pictures were taken.  

Last year, we had such a good time. I'm hoping that everyone can come again. I decorated the ceiling with hanging snowflakes. Here is a picture of that:



It really came out very festive looking. I cut out the snowflakes in different colors, then made a slit in the middle halfway up. Next, I took two different colored snowflakes and made a 3D snowflake out of it by sliding the slits together. (one up and one down). It's harder to explain then it is to do it...lol. (I also made the arrangement in the middle of the table...this is only a side view of that).

Here is a close-up of the snowflakes.


I haven't made any decorations for this year yet. Any suggestions? I was thinking ornaments, but I'm not sure. Still have to play around with some ideas.

Although the cookies are good...I think I enjoy the good friends the best. Lots of talking and laughing, oh yes, and eating. What's not to love? I hope I inspired you to decorate or host your own exchange... imagine what you could do

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana!

    Those are so cute! Thanks for letting me know! I love the embossing too! I always forget about embossing... :)

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails