Monday, September 20, 2010
Finished card is A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
Cricut Cartridge Mini Monsters (Creepy pg 31, Base, Layer 1, Shift Layer 1, Layer 2, Base Shadow)
Cardstock for Monster: Lt Pink (Layer 1), Med Pink (Base Shadow), Dark Pink (Base), White (Layer 2), Silver (Shift Layer 1)
Cardstock for card: Pattered for base, Med Pink, White, Gray
EK Success Corner Adorner Basket Weave
EK Success Corner Adorner Rounder Punch - Large
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Swiss Dots
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder D'Vine Swirls
1/4" wide Light Pink Ribbon
1. Patterned Cardstock (4 1/4" x 11") Score on patterned side at 5 1/2". Score on backside at 2 3/4". Fold (making a "Z" shape)
2. Cut Creepy (2 1/4") and layers. Emboss body base with D'Vine Swirls. Put all layers together. Glitter wings. Glue on googly eyes (Two (2) different sizes)
3. Cut med pink cardstock 4 1/4" x 3 1/4". Punch two (2) opposite corners with Basket Weave.
4. Cut white cardstock 2 3/4" x 3 3/4". Emboss with D'Vine Swirls. Punch two (2) opposite corners with Corner Rounder (cut the opposite corners from the Basket Weave corners)
5. Cut gray cardstock 3 3/8" x 2 3/8". Emboss with Swiss Dots. Punch the same two (2) opposite corners as the white cardstock.
6. Layer the gray onto the white and glue. Tuck into the basket weave corners.
7. Cut med pink 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" and glue to the back of the Basket Weave assembly (this hides the white cardstock from showing through the basket weave). Place glue only on one half (left side as you are looking at the front) and center on the front of the patterned card.
8. Place 3D-Dots on back of Creepy and center on the gray cardstock.
9. Tie ribbon around front side of card. Make a knot then make a bow. Glue under the bow so it doesn't move.
For the inside:
1. Cut med pink cardstock 3 1/4" x 3 1/2". Punch two (2) opposite corners with Basket Weave (the other two corners from the front).
2. Cut white cardstock 2 3/4" x 3". Stamp the sentiment and tuck into basket weave corners. Glue to inside, make sure that when the card is closed, the front covers it.
Hope that wasn't too hard to understand...it's easier than it sounds. Really! This is another one of those cards that the sentiment could change...Happy Birthday, Happy Valentine's Day, Thinking of You, etc.
On another note...had a great time with my youngest son last Friday. He's away at college, so I drove up to see him. We then went into New York City and saw a play...(off Broadway) "The 39 Steps". It was so good. Four actors play like 150 parts. Very funny. If you get a chance to see it, I highly recommend it.
So, get creative and if you get stuck, put it away, and go back to it later...(took me weeks)...finally it will come together...imagine what you could do.......