Thursday, September 30, 2010
Very First Challenge Card
Finished card: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Sizzix Flower, Sunflower
Fiskers Rope Border
Inkadinkado Happy Everything Stamp Set
Cardstock: Brown, Yellow, Green and Patterned Paper
American Crafts Elements Large Brads Black
1. Take one (1) black brad and dip in glue. Dip into birdseed and make sure top is completely covered. Let dry. When dry, brush a thin coat of glue over top to seal birdseed in.
2.Cut 8 1/2" x 11" from brown cardstock. I used AC Cardstock. Fold in half to make an A2 card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").
3. Punch the long edge of the base with the rope border punch.
4. Cut four (4) flowers in yellow cardstock and three (3) in green using the Sizzix Die. Cut the stems off all four (4) yellow flowers. Cut the flowers off of two (2) of the green ones. One for the green flowers/stem will be used as the base. Ink the edges of the flowers in tan and the stems in green. Crinkle the edges of the flowers and leaves on the stems. Layer the flowers onto the green stem and use the birdseed brad to keep together. Make sure that the petals do not line-up. Glue the green stems together on the base, squeezing up the end of the top stem to make it stick up a little.
5. Cut the patterned paper 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" to fit the inside of the card. Glue down. Cut another piece of patterned paper 5" x 3 1/4" and use the border punch again on a long edge.
6. Cut the green cardstock 3 3/8" x 5 1/4".
7. Glue the patterned paper on the green. Glue a piece of ribbon around the cardstock. Cut another piece of ribbon and tie a knot. Angle the ends. Glue down the green cardstock to the brown base.
8. Stamp the sentiment on front in brown ink.
9. Cut a small piece of scrap brown cardstock, punch it with the border punch and glue down.
Hope you like this card as much as I had fun making it. Now if I can do this, imagine what you could do...