Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Margie


Happy Labor Day to everyone. I hope you have had a safe and happy holiday. My husband's Aunt's birthday is tomorrow (although, we celebrated it yesterday) and this is a birthday card that I made for her.

The base of the card is cream cardstock (as opposed to the white that I usually use) (8 1/2" x 5 1/2"  folded in half). I cut a piece of patterned paper from DCWV The Natural Stack at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", then I used my EK Success Border Punch Scallop Diamond and punched one of the long edges. I cut 3 different colors of brown ribbon (1/4" wide)  and taped one end to the back of the patterned cardstock (closest to the straight edge, not the punched side). Keeping one ribbon straight, I taped it to the back. I then changed the angle of the other two (2) ribbons and taped them to the back. Glue this to the base card, leaving some of the cream cardstock showing on each side. Next, I used my Sizzix and cut three (3) leaves (Leaf #2, Tiny), inked the edges in brown, drew a line for a stem (also in brown) and then used 3D-Dots and adhered them to the card. I stamped "Happy Birthday" in black on a scrap piece a brown cardstock and cut a random shape. I inked the edges in brown. I then shadowed it in a dark brown cardstock, also in a random shape, and used 3D-Dot to adhere. Finally, I inked the long two (2) edges of the card in brown.

We had a really nice time yesterday. It's always great to spend time with family (even if I lost at Scrabble...lol). Enjoy the special times, get inspired and...imagine what you could do......

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Dana, thanks so so so much for leaving such a nice comment on the Cuttlebug Challenge blog this morning. It meant SO much to me! I hope you have a wonderful day and girl, you've got talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty Fall birthdy card! Love the paper and the way you did the ribbon. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails