Thursday, September 23, 2010
The coffin with the ghost: cut at 6". Finished size...3 1/2" long x 2 1/4" across (from point to point). The coffin with the skull: cut at 4". Finished size...2 3/8" long x 1 1/2" across.
Cricut Cartridge Happy Hauntings 3D Coffin page 72 (Bottom) Shift Base, (Top) Shift Layer 1
Cricut Cartridge Pumpkin Carving (Spider Web) Button 37
Cricut Cartridge Indie Art (Skull and Bones) Button 1, Base and Shadow Layer
Cricut Design Studio
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Spiderweb
Martha Stewart Embossing Powder Ebony
Martha Stewart Glitter Onyx
K and Company Dimensional Stickers HW Tombstone
Cardstock: Black, Orange
Directions for both coffins:
1. Cut one (1) bottom and one (1) top from Happy Hauntings.
2. Fold and glue tabs.
Embellishing Ghost coffin:
1. Use Design Studio and Pumpkin Carving Cartridge, stretch spiderweb so it will overhang on all sides of coffin. Cut in black cardstock.
2. Glue front of web and flock.
3. Glue web to top of coffin. Cut off excess around edges. Be careful not to cut coffin top.
4. Glue ribbon around edge of top coffin piece.
5. Stick on Ghost.
Embellishing Skull coffin:
1. Use Indie Art Cartridge and cut one (1) base skull in black cardstock and one (1) shadow in orange at 1".
2. Glitter base skull.
3. Take a small scrap piece of black cardstock (larger than the top of the coffin) and emboss with Spiderweb folder. Glue on top piece of coffin and cut off excess cardstock. Be careful not to cut the coffin.
4. Glue ribbon around edge.
5. 3D-Dot the Skull on top of coffin.
Candy (one of my favorite things...yum) fits very well inside. (Snack size for the ghost and actually a third Tootsie Roll Midgees fits, if you turn them just right).
The coffins are easy to make, (it's the embellishing that takes more time...lol) and would make great favors for a party. Hope you have as much fun making them as I did. I would love to see what you create...so enjoy and imagine what you could do...