Thursday, September 9, 2010

Halloween Ghost Card



Halloween is just around the corner...can't believe it. While looking through some of my paper, I came across this ghost paper and was inspired.

And surprise...it's a tri-fold card. (opps...this is a Gate-fold card)

I started with a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of orange cardstock. I scored it at 2 1/8" and at 6 3/8'' (or just turn the card around and score at 2 1/8" again). This gives you the tri-fold. I cut the patterned ghost paper at 1 3/4" x 5 1/4" two (2) times and glued it to each half of the front of the card. I cut and glued another piece at 4" x 5 1/4" for the inside of the card. Using Cricut Cartridge Happy Hauntings and Design Studio, I cut the base ghost (pg 37) in purple cardstock and the shift ghost in white cardstock (dimensions width 3.124 and height 3.313). I took the white ghost and ran him through the Xyron machine face down. I peeled off the clear sheet and then glittered him. Next, glue him to the purple ghost, but offset it so it appears as a shadow. This will give a little depth. I cut the frame (pg 46) in white (dimensions width 3.695 height 3.805). Cut an orange square at 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" and glued that to the back of the frame. Next, only put glue on half of the back of frame, close the tri-fold  card and center the frame (making sure that the glue does not go on both halves of the card). I then used 3D-Dots and adhered the ghost to the front of the card over the frame.


For the inside, I used the sentiment "Happy Haunting"  (pg 46 also from the cartridge Happy Hauntings) with Design Studio (width 3.282 height 1.585) and the Cri-Kits Glitter purple pen and "cut" it out. I ran into a problem because my pen stopped working halfway through, so I tried it again. No better. I changed the pen to a metallic purple Cri-Kits and tried once more. Again, halfway through it stopped. Frustrated, I replaced the Cri-Kits with my cutting blade and cut it out. I'm hoping it's the paper, not the pens. I then inked the sentiment with purple ink and let dry. Next I glued the saying to a yellow piece of cardstock  (1 1/2" x 3 1/4") and bordered it with a piece of orange cardstock (1 3/4" x 3 1/2"). Finally, I glued it to the inside of the card at the top.

I am interested to know if anyone else has had this problem with the Cri-Kits pens. If so, were you able to get them to work again and how did you do it? This is upsetting me, thinking that the pens are now useless. I would appreciate any feedback.

Although we seem to get less and less kids Trick or Treating, I do love to decorate for Halloween. Last year  my son hosted a murder mystery around Halloween, that made it so much fun.

Now go do what I did, and re-familiarize yourself with your paper...maybe you'll get inspired too. Imagine what you could do.....

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dana!

    What a cute card! I just got the Happy Hauntings cart and I can't wait to play with it!

    I do not have any Cri-kits, but both Joy at joyslife.com and Jeannie at http://aplaceformycards.blogspot.com/ have done projects with them. They may be able to answer your question.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Dana, I love that frame and the ghost looks too cute. I had that problem with just one of my cri kit pens, irritating. I dunked it in a bowl of very hot water and it seemed to loosen the ink and made it flow again.
    Hope this helps,
    hugs
    Enfys x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE! Love the glitter ghost and the perfect paper. Too stinkin' cute! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails