Sunday, September 19, 2010

Flocked Witch Hat

Have you ever started out with one idea but have it warp into something completely different? That's what happened with this one. I had this idea in my head, but as I was putting it together, it just wasn't coming out the way I thought it should. So, I kept changing things and this card was the final result. I am really happy with it. Unfortunately, I never feel that my photos ever do justice to my cards. They look SO much better in person. Do you have this same problem? How did you solve it (if you did)? I would love to know.

To make the card I used:
Design Studio
Cricut Cartridge Happy Hauntings  (Witch Hat page 54, Base, Shift Base, Layer 1 and Shift Layer 1 )
EK Success Edger Punch Parisian
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Spiderweb
Martha Stewart Glitter Onyx
Martha Stewart Flocking Powder Ebony
Cardstock: Lime Green, Black, Purple and Yellow/Gold and K & C Company Specialty Paper

1.Base Card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (A2) Lime Green Cardstock. Cut 1/2" off the front edge and punch it with Parisian.
2. Cut a 2" x 5 1/2" piece of lime green cardstock and emboss it with Spiderweb. (Take care of your placement on the folder. I wanted the main part of the web on the left side) Center it on the front of the card and glue it down.
3. Cut two small strips from the patterned paper (approx 1/4" x 5 1/2") and glue them to either side of the spiderweb cardstock.
4. Cut the Witches Hat (in Design Studio stretching it a little) approximately at 3" in black. Spider in black, Band in purple and Buckle in yellow/gold. Make sure the layers all fit properly.
5. Run the hat through the Xyron...upside down. Peel off the hat, then adhere the purple band. Next, mask off the spider, then flock hat. (I hope you can tell in the photo). Unmask the spider and glitter it with the black glitter. Also glitter the buckle with some clear/multicolored glitter, then glue the buckle to the hat. Use 3D-Dots, place the hat on the front of the card, making sure that the spider looks like it was crawling off the center of the web.

For the inside of the card:
1.Glue the Base Shift spider in the corner.
2. Cut a piece of patterned paper (1 3/4" x 5 1/2"), punch the top edge with Parsian, then glue it down.

I still want to stamp "Trick or Treat" or "Happy Halloween" on the inside; however, I do not have either sentiment in a stamp form. (So, off to the store I will go today. Again, I have this specific vision...lol)

For the longest time, I saw the flocking powder in the store and thought " What would you ever use that for?" Then, that lightbulb went off in my head. So I purchased it and well, I love the way it looks.  I have a few more ideas using it, so expect to see it again in some upcoming projects.

I also changed how I post the directions. Do you like this format better? I would love to know. Please leave me a comment.

(Since I am pretty new to this blogging thing, I would love to know how you veterans were able to get more followers and/or comments. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.)

Now it's your turn to try something new. I did, now just imagine what you could do......

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dana! This is as cute as can be! Love the flocking and the papers. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. Those leaves on my KennyK card are Cuttlebug from the Maple leaf cut and emboss duo. Hope that helps. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love the spider hanging from the hat! Great job with the border punch too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails