Friday, June 15, 2012

Digi Haven Challenge #2 Flowers

The challenge this week at Digi Haven is to use a (free) Floral image. Please link back to the artist/website to give them the credit they deserve. Now honestly, I had started with a different image; but after I finished it, I didn't really care for it. (Maybe I'll print it out again and try something else). Sometimes, I'm my own worst enemy (lol). So anyway, this is what I came up with this time...what do you think?


Wanted you to see the layered flowers:


Finished Card: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Materials:
Cardstock: White, Blue and Patterned
Beccy's Place  Digital Image
Spectrum Noir Markers
CardzTV with Mary Clear Stamps Encouraging Thoughts, "Thinking of You"
Black Pigment Ink
Black Embossing Powder
Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large, Largest
Queen and Co Rhinestones Grass Green, 2 Small
Mounting Tape

I like the look of the layering...give's dimension...so what I have been doing is to print out 2 copies of the same image, same size. Then, if I decide to layer, I just have to color both images the same. (This alleviates having to go back and guess the size of the image). If I don't layer, then I have a second image for another card already printed out.

I hope you will join us in the challenges. Have some fun...there are so many free digi's out there. Tell your friends too.

Thanks for stopping by.

imagine what you could do...




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Dana and I love, love, love your layers. They're perfect! Your coloring is fantastic. ♥ Denise @ Digi Haven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I think your card is very pretty. I like how you layered the flowers to add dimension.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful! Sweet and simple and just lovely.--Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Love the purple colors and your coloring! ~ Sandy, Digi Haven DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails