Friday, June 22, 2012

Digi Haven Challenge #3 Summer

If you are looking for the CardzTV Challenge, click here.


When I think of summer, I think of the beach. I love the beach!...sitting and listening to the waves crashing down on the sand and a cool ocean breeze...aahhhh...How about you? I hope I able to get there this year.

At Digi Haven this week, the challenge is Summer. Use any FREE Summer/Beach/Surf image that you like. As soon as I saw this little cutie, I knew exactly what I wanted to make.


Wish I was there right now......

Finished Card: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Materials:
Cardstock: White, Yellow, Teal, Teal Patterned and Sandpaper (Yes, I said Sandpaper lol)
Melonheadz Illustrating Digital Image
Spectrum Noir Markers
CardzTV with Mary Clear Stamps FAQ's, "Guess  Who?"
Black Pigment Ink
EK Success Scallop Circle Punch
Jolee's Boutique Sticker San Francisco, Crab
Thin Black Marker

After I colored her in, I fussy-cut her out. I made the waves by tearing the paper into strips and layering them on top of each other. The birds are drawn with a thin black marker. The "sand" is 100 grit sandpaper. The sun and the girl are single mounted.

I thought I could use this card for a number of different things...birthday, just because, congratulations...depending on the sentiment I choose for the inside.

Hope you join the challenge...remember to link back to the original artist for the image.

Thanks.

imagine what you could do...








4 comments:

  1. Too cute! Made me laugh, Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana I love this card and all the attention to detail you put into it. The sandpaper is just perfect as is the background. You create awesome "scene" cards. I love this little character and those toes make me giggle. Thank you so much for being such an awesome designer for Digi Haven. ♥ Denise @ Digi Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana this is such a cute card. Love your image and the textures. Great job.
    Tammy DH DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is TOO CUTE and I adore the amazing and fabulous background that you created! LOVE it--especially the sand with the little crab!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails