Monday, January 24, 2011

Two Different Challenges...One Basic Card...Two Different Looks

The first challenge is Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #44 Neglected Cartridges (click here) ...Make a project using a cartridge that you haven't used in 6 months. The other challenge is for Robyn at The Pink Stamper. Today is her birthday, (Happy Birthday Robyn), and she challenged everyone to make a birthday project. (Click here). Here is my card:


I also made the same basic card, just changed the paper a little bit.


I like both of them. What do you think?

Finished Card: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Materials: (first card)
Cardstock: White, Red, Yellow, Brown, Black, Green and Patterned Paper
Cricut Cartridge 50 States Oklahoma State Bird page 48 (Base Bird and Shift Bird)
Cricut Cartridge Create-A-Critter Owl (Branch) page 25 (Base Accessory and Shift Accessory)
Cricut Cartridge George and Basic Shapes Square1 page 109 (Shift Silhouette)
Cricut Design Studio
Inkadinkado Happy Everything Stamps "Happy Birthday"
Black Pigment Ink
Mounting Tape
Chalk (to show the lines on the bird)

Materials: (second card)
Cardstock: White, Blue, Yellow, Brown, Green and Black
Cricut Cartridge 50 States Oklahoma State Bird page 48 (Base Bird and Shift Bird)
Cricut Cartridge Create-A-Critter Owl (Branch) page 25 (Base Accessory and Shift Accessory)
Cricut Design Studio
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Happy Birthday
Inkadinkado Happy Everything Stamps "Happy Birthday"
Black Pigment Ink
Mounting Tape
Chalk

My neglected cartridge is 50 States. I used it probably a year ago, or more, when I was making a scrapbook for my son, but haven't touched it since. It really has some beautiful images of different birds, as well as different flowers. If you have this cartridge, I would take another look at it.

The bird image is a little more realistic rather than a "cutesy" one, and works well for an adult's birthday card. I like both styles...just depends on what your needs are at the time.

Thanks for taking the time to look...I appreciate it...If you are not a follower yet, please think about becoming one...I'd like to have a give-away once I reach 50 followers. If you are one already, thanks! Leave a comment and let me know what you think.....imagine what you could do

6 comments:

  1. I love this! I may use the same cart for my entry! I have always wanted to use these birds and have not gotten around to it! Great job! I'm doing a great giveaway at my blog! I don't want you to miss out. Hop over and click on 100 followers giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. I have that cart and never use it, now I need to go look through the birds on it. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Isn't it interesting how a simple change of paper can make such a difference? I really like the one with the embossing (because I LOVE embossed paper!!).
    Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 great cards with the same image.

    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week.

    Erin
    http://www.spantastikreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards!! I love how different they are with just a bit of a change! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab cards! Thought you might be interested to know of another die cut challenge blog diecuttindivas.blogspot.com, I'd love to see you play along.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails