Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Christmas Jar Candle For You

Sometimes inspiration comes in the strangest places. I was posting a card (Oct 23  http://iwycd.blogspot.com/2010/10/3-pspapercraft-star-challenge-18-purse.html) and as I looked at the photograph, I was inspired by the shape of the card. I thought "Jar candle. That reminds me of a jar candle". So, that is where this card came from...


I cut the bottom off so it would "stand" flat to look more like a jar. This is the only difference between the shapes.

Finished card: 5" x 5"

Materials:
Cardstock: White, Red, Yellow, and Silver
Vellum
Cricut Cartridge Christmas Cards, Base Card, 3rd Button Bottom Row
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Swiss Dots (The "candle" part is embossed)
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, D'Vine Swirls (The white is embossed )
Sizzix Die, Candles (Only used the flame part)
Crayola Glitter Glue, Gold
Black Sharpie (Color the wick on the flame)
Merry Christmas Rubber Stamp
Gold Embossing Powder

Here's the inside...


I found the saying on the internet. It was the only one I could find about Christmas candles and I thought it would work.

If you could see the card in person, you would be able to see the embossing better. The vellum hides it in the picture. If I made this card again, I would try my paper crimper on the silver bottom part, instead of just drawing the lines.  Let me know how it turns out, if you try this.

I'm not sure how you are feeling right now, but my mind is all over the place with ideas for cards, but also for the holidays coming up and everything that needs to be done. Just hope I can get focused. In the meantime, take this as an early gift and find some inspiration, cause imagine what you could do....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails