Sunday, August 8, 2010

Monogram Notecards

I know it's not even the end of summer yet, but I always start thinking about Christmas this time of year. I thought this would be a great gift for someone.


I used the Cricut cartridge Tie the Knot and cut out six (6) Monogram letters and six (6) Shadow Monogram letter A's. (I only show three of each in this picture). These are cut at 2 1/2". Using the quantity key makes this pretty easy.

For the base of the card, I cut an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of white cardstock in half (at 5 1/2"). I then folded the cardstock in half at 4 1/4". You actually get two bases out of one sheet. Repeat two (2) more times to get 6 base cards.

Next, cut out six (6) 3 3/4" x 5" rectangles out of white cardstock. Emboss each rectangle with your favorite embossing folder.  There is a blank card on the top left...(clockwise) I used Quikutz Lines and Dots, Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls, Swiss Dots, Spots and Dots, Tiny Mosaic, and Traffic Jam. You may want to use only one folder for all six cards.
Then, I cut out six (6) rectangles 4" x 5 1/4" of cardstock the same color as the shadow monogram. Center and glue to base card. Next, glue the embossed cardstock pieces to the colored cardstock.

(Sorry...The embossing is difficult to see in these photos.) Finally, glue the Monogram letter to it's Shadow and glue to the embossed cardstock.


These photos show all six (6) different note cards.

On the next post, I will show you how I packaged these cards in order to give as a gift.

I hope you are becoming inspired to try something on your own. I would love to hear from you and what you think. Please leave a comment. Hope to hear from you, until then.....imagine what you could do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails