Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thank you


 
Well, here is my first card to share with you. I was inspired by one of Cardz TV videos (July 7, 2010).

Here are the cuts: The base of the card is cut 5" X 10", then folded in half. I used a cream card stock.The turquoise card stock is cut 4 1/2" x 4 1/2". I then punched the one side with EK Border Punch Scallop Diamond. The navy card stock was cut 3 3/4" x 4". The patterned paper on top of the navy is cut 1/4" less on each side 3 1/2" x 3 3/4". The tan card stock  is cut 3" x 3" with the patterned paper on top again cut 1/4" smaller 2 3/4" x 2 3/4". The rectangle navy card stock is cut 1" x 2 3/4". The patterned paper is 3/4" x 2 1/2". The flower is punched from a scallop punch. The center is punched with a 1 1/4" circle. 

Assembling the card: I adhered the turquoise to the base, keeping it closer to the open end of the card (rather than centering it). Next, I adhered the "circled" patterned paper centering it to the navy card stock. I then cut a 5 1/2" piece of ribbon and taped the ends of the ribbon to the back of the navy card stock. Cut another piece of ribbon about 3" and tie in the center. Cut the ends to leave about 1/2" - 3/4" ends. Place this about 1/8" away from fold of base and adhere. Adhere the light-colored patterned paper on the tan card stock, again centering it, and adhere by lining it up next to the diamond cutouts on the turquoise paper. Adhere the last patterned paper to the navy card stock. Place so that the end is close to the open end of the card and adhere. Stamp "Thank You" on the circle and ink around the edges with a coordinating color. Adhere to scallop. Place a 3-D dot (or square) on back of scallop. Adhere at the end of the small navy rectangle. Last, ink three sides of the base card ends with the same coordinating ink used to ink the circle. 


By changing the paper, colors and patterns, you can create a different look. Here is another example. I changed this card with the colors,  I did not punch the one side with the border punch, I added a rectangle with the sentiment, and made a smaller flower. 


I hope you understand my directions. I know that it may be difficult without step by step photos. Some of the cards that I share with you, especially in the beginning, will not have these step by step pictures. 


Well, I have to say that I admire all you bloggers out there who have been doing this for awhile. This is definitely going to be a learning experience. Expand those horizons...and just imagine what you could do...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails