Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's a Boy


As you can see, I didn't get this posted last night or before work this morning. I tried, but it just wasn't happening...

My neighbor's daughter had a baby recently and I thought I would make a card to celebrate the blessed event.

My base card is half of a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of white cardstock. The animal patterned background cardstock is cut at 4" x 5 1/4". I then rounded the corners with  my EK Success Paper Shapers Corner Adorner  Rounder Punch - Large (now that was a mouthful!) I cut the blue cardstock at 2" x 3 3/4" and the orange gold cardstock at 2 1/2"  x 4". I also rounded the corners on these papers. I cut the giraffe at 3 3/4" from Cricut Cartridge Create A Critter. The base cut is in turquoise, layer 1 is in light blue and layer 2 is in the orange gold cardstock. I embossed the orange gold layer with Cuttlebug Tiny Mosaic Embossing  folder. After assembling the layers together, I used Crayola Glitter Glue - clear to fill in the dots on the giraffe. Let dry thoroughly. I dotted the eyes with a black marker. "It's a Boy" is cut at 1" from Cricut Cartridge New Arrival in the same turquoise cardstock used for the base of the giraffe.

I glued the patterned paper down first. Next I tied a light blue ribbon in a knot around the orange gold cardstock and cut the ends on a angle. I then glued "It's a Boy" on the cardstock and adhered that to the patterned paper. Glue the giraffe on the blue cardstock. Overlapping the orange gold cardstock, glue the blue cardstock down. Finally, I doodled a line and dots on two edges of the blue cardstock and one bottom edge of the orange gold cardstock with a Gelly Roll white pen.


Here is the finished card again. Inside, I stamped "Congratulations" with Fiskars All Year Greetings clear stamps in Sky Blue ink.

Hopefully I will get some sleep tonight. Niki, the new puppy, didn't want to sleep last night...she discovered the rabbits under the shed yesterday and all she wants to do is go outside. I'm not sure how I will be discouraging this behavior.

Hope you are inspired to do some crafting and as always...imagine what you would do.................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails