Monday, August 23, 2010

Thinking of You


I have some friends that I haven't seen in a while and have been thinking about lately, so I thought I would make this cute little card. (No Cricut machine needed...lol) You can actually change the sentiment to a number of different ones: thinking of you, happy birthday, congratulations, just because, hello, feel better soon, etc and the list goes on.

I started with a scrap piece of white cardstock about 4 1/2" x 4". Then, using an Ultra Wedge (makeup foam wedge), I stamped the cardstock with different colors of pigment ink in a random pattern. The blue ink is around the edges (although it doesn't show very well in this photo).


While still wet, spritz the cardstock with water using the Mini Mister and then pat it dry with a paper towel. Next, I used the Cuttlebug Flower Circle Embossing Folder. Set aside and let dry. After dry, put a thin coat of glue in the center of the flower and add glitter. I used a multi-color irridescent glitter. Let dry.

I cut the background orange cardstock at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and glued down to the base card. The yellow cardstock was cut at 4 3/4" x 4" and then I embossed it with Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folder. Adhere the yellow cardstock to the orange cardstock, keeping it close to the top edge of the orange cardstock.  Next, cut the "flower" cardstock (that you had set aside) to 4 1/4" x 3 1/2". I then used the EK Success Paper Shapers Corner Adorner Rounder Punch - Large and rounded all four corners. I took another piece of yellow cardstock and cut it at 2 3/4" x 1 1/4" and then embossed it again using D'Vine Swirls. I cut the white cardstock at 2 3/4" x 1", stamped my sentiment "thinking of you" with orange pigment ink, then adhered it to the small yellow cardstock. Using the corner rounder once again, I rounded two (2) opposite corners. Finally, I used 3D-Dots (glue dots) and placed the sentiment at the bottom in the center.

I hope that my friends enjoy the card as much as I enjoyed making it. Now imagine what you could do...and let me know how it turns out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails