Friday, August 20, 2010

Layout Niki


I haven't put together a layout in a while, but since we just adopted our little girl, Niki, I thought that I would create one for her. We adopted her from a local shelter. She is a sweetheart, but a bundle of energy at 9 months old and every bit of a puppy. She tries to chew anything not nailed down...lamp plugs, sneakers, baskets...lol. We're just taking it one day at a time.

The photos and paper dog are double mounted with cream and brown cardstock. The heading "NIKI" and "Aug 2010" are cut from Cricut Cartridge George and Basic Shapes, cut at 2 1/4" and 1" respectively. I used the negative image and cut it straight about 1/2" under "NIKI". This way the background paper shows through. The dog  is cut from Cricut Cartridge Paper Pups at 3 1/2". I cut it once in white with the blackout key and once with the base cut in brown cardstock. Instead of just using the outline, I cut off the bottom of the feet, tip of the tail, a "v"at the neck and around the nose in order for the white to show through where Niki has white fur. I colored her eyes. After the dog is layered, I used Cuttlebug Herringbone Embossing Folder. I cut "woof" also from Paper Pups at 1 1/2". I did the same with "woof" as with "NIKI" by using the negative image and cutting the paper straight across. After everything was mounted, I stuck on some doggie prints from some stickers I had.

Now imagine what you could do....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails