Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Three Birthday Cards...and Another Sign of Spring

I have several birthdays coming up that I need to send cards for. The first one is for a friend of mine that I haven't seen in, well, too many years. We do talk on the phone and on facebook. Ah, the wonders of technology...lol.
We use to bowl together. I think he'll like this card.

Finished Card: 4 1/2" x 5 1/2"

Materials:
Cardstock: White, Red, Black, Gray and Patterned Paper
Cricut Cartridge Everyday Paper Dolls Clown (Club/Bowling Pin) page 58, (Accessories 2 Shift)
EK Success 1 3/8" Circle Punch
Hole Punch
Inkadinkado Happy Everything Clear Stamp "It's your birthday!"
Gray Chalk
Mounting Tape

The next card is for my best friend's husband.
(I covered his name.) I hope he appreciates the computer as he works on them all day.

Finished Card: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Materials:
Cardstock: White, Black, Gray and Patterned Paper
Cricut Cartridge Locker Talk Laptop page 52 (Base shift, Layers Shift)
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Diamond Plate
Charcoal Chalk
Studio G Clear Stamp "happy birthday"
Mounting Tape

The next card is for my neighbor and friend.

She is partial to butterflies as they are a nice reminder of her mother.

Finished Card: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Materials:
Cardstock: White, Four Shades of Orange, Black and Patterned Paper
Cricut Cartridge Florals Embellished Butterfly 2 page 64 (Shift Base, Layer 1 Base and Layer 1 Shift Base)
Doodlebug Crushed Velvet Flock Black
Mounting Tape

This was the fun part...making the cards. Now for the hard part...remembering to send them...lol. I am so bad with that. At least I feel as though I'm ahead of the game right now.....

Here's a little glimmer that Spring is on it's way...
I saw my first robin a couple of days ago. This one was sitting out back this morning. Actually, he was out front first, on a pole (picture perfect), but I didn't have my camera handy. I ran upstairs to get it, but he was gone by the time I got back. I looked out back (just in case) and there he was. (Yes, I do realize that it COULD be a different robin, but I really don't think so...he was a fat bugger...lol)

Hoping that your day goes well...until the next posting....enjoy...imagine what you could do....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails