Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cookie Exchange, Banner, Mice, Ornaments and Cards

Seems like it has been forever since I posted anything. I had been busy getting ready for the cookie exchange and trying to get some Christmas shopping done. I think the week I was sick in November really put me behind.

I hosted the cookie exchange on Sun the 12th. It turned out to be really nice. Here are a couple of pictures of the table with the packages of cookies...



(It looked much better in person)....

I had made a banner for the wall in the kitchen...


and a close-up...


I used Cricut Cartridge Celebrate with Flourish for the ornaments (cut at 7") and Cindy Loo for the letters (cut at 3"). They were all cut with AC Specialty Paper, Foil.

After everyone arrived, we played a game...you introduce yourself, then tell a story that has to do with the cookie you made/brought. There were so many funny and interesting stories. Unfortunately there were a few stories about fires in the microwaves also, thank goodness nothing serious. I think everyone felt better after hearing all the other problems that the others had. We played a couple other games, had plenty of laughs and ate way too much.

In addition to my cookies I was exchanging, I made these mice...






They are made with an Oreo Double Stuff Cookie, Hershey Kiss, A chocolate dipped Maraschino Cherry, Almond Slices and Cookie Gel. They are not only cute, but they taste good too.

As a thank you gift, I made Ornaments with the Future Floor Wax and Glitter...


 I made them in gold, silver, red, green and blue. I also made cards to go with the gifts...


and two close-ups...



I used Cricut Cartridge Gingerbread (cut at 3 1/4") and Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page String Lace. The finished cards were 4" x 4". Don't you think they look like sugared cookies?

Well, this year's exchange is over...time to start thinking of ideas for next...ok, maybe not quite yet...I have shopping, wrapping and cards to get done. How about you?

Get inspired to have friends over and have some fun, cause imagine what you could do.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails