Thursday, May 5, 2011

Graduation Card

Well, I'm back...finally! Feels like I have been gone for a long time! If you read one of my earlier posts, you know that my monitor died and that I could not use my Design Studio. (I was SO lost without it!) Anyway, I wasn't sure what I was going to do...well, you won't believe this but it just started working again. WOO HOO! I am not questioning what happened, just happy that it's back.

We have a graduation next month for our niece. So, I also thought this would be perfect for two challenges...Die Cuttin' Diva's (sketch) and Celebrate the Occasion (Graduation).


Finished Card: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Materials:
Cardstock: White, Black, Yellow and Two Patterned Papers
Cricut Cartridge Accent Essentials Accent 50, page 81 (Base)
Cricut Cartridge Everyday Paper Dolls Grad, page 46 (Shift Base)
Cricut Design Studio
Cuttlebug Embossing folder Swiss dots
Inkadinkado Happy Everything Stamp Set, Congradulations
Yellow Embroidery Floss
Mounting Tape
White Gel Pen
Black Pen

The big tassel on the side is not attached except by the embroidery floss at the top, so it swings freely. I really like the way it turned out.

Hope you like the card. I would love for you to become a follower and/or leave a comment....thanks for stopping by....

Going to go work on another card or two, maybe even a layout (and finish the wash...lol)...

...imagine what you could do......

13 comments:

  1. So cute, love your tassels and the motion you gave them along with your DP! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magnificent graduation card! I will need one next year and I sure hope I can create one as great as this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great card!!! I love how you put 3 different sized hats and the big tassle on the side! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card!! I love the colors and all the details! Great work! Thanks for Celebrating the Occasion with us this week!

    Maquel
    http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card!! Your hats look like confetti falling, and that tassel is GREAT!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion this week!!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great grad card! I love how you did the tassel and the different size hats are a nice touch! Thanks for playing along with us at CTO!

    - Rayna
    http://purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card!! I love the tassle, great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love this card, thanks so much for Celebrating the Occasion with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a nice card your nice will love it.
    Thank you for joining us at celebrate the occasion this week.
    htttp://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful card. Love it. Thanks for playing with us at CTO.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CTO! :o)

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great look. Love the tassel. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card! I like that the tassel can move, I love animated cards. Thanks for playing along at CTO!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails