Monday, February 21, 2011

You Are Tea-rrific

I made this card for the Cricut Cardz Challenge #62 (use a cup image from any cartridge). This had to be the hardest card that I have ever made...not because of the design, not because of the colors or the sentiment.I couldn't get it to cut! I tried 6 times and then finally gave up...I have previously told you that I was having trouble with my Cricut  Expression. It was spitting the mat back at me, not turning on or stopping halfway thought the cut.  RIP my Cricut Expression. Fortunately, I had bought another Expression around Christmas when I was able to get a really great deal. So you would have thought, ok, so unplug it and plug the new one in. Wrong! I use Cricut Design Studio in almost all of my projects (if for no other reason, paper placement) and I couldn't get Design Studio to recognize the new machine. (Which you need to have the new firmware in order for it to work). So after at least another hour or two, I FINALLY got it to work. I cut out the images and then I got hit with stomach pains. Forget trying to do anything else. Today, I was feeling a little better, but I am having trouble with my computer...I'm getting the feeling that I'm not suppose to make or post this card...

Well, anyway...here is the card (after all that);

I cut off about an inch off the front side and layered the cup image panel hanging over it. Then, I added a strip of purple on the inside.

Finished Card: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Materials:
Cardstock: White, Two Shades of Purple, Pink and Patterned Paper.
Cricut Cartridge Wall Decor and More Teacup, page 30 (Base and Shift Base)
Cricut Cartridge Paper Lace Font Letters (Base and Shift Base)
White and Purple Pigment Ink
Purple Pen
Mounting Tape

I am going to miss my old Cricut...we had a very close relationship. Saw each other almost everyday. I hope the new guy performs as well.

Hope you like the card. Leave me a comment. Would love to hear if any of you have had the same problems...(it would make me feel better anyway...lol)

Determination...that's the word for the last two days....imagine what you could do.....

3 comments:

  1. Wow-what a struggle to get this done. I would absolutely die if my Expression broke. I use it all day, every day. Ok, I don't want to jinx myself. Your card came out fantastic after all that frustration. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cricut Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card, it was worth all the trouble, it is beautiful!! TFS, your new follower Cathryn67 :)
    inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card turned out beautiful! Sorry to hear you had so many Cricut problems. You did a great job with this challenge. I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for playing with us at CCC! -Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails