Friday, August 17, 2012

CardzTV DT Challenge #13: Color Challenge

If you are looking for the Digi Haven Challenge: click here.

This is CardzTV with Mary Clear Stamps Challenge and this time, we have a color challenge. Aren't they so much fun...and a lot of freedom. The challenge runs from the 17th until the 23rd and the winner will receive one of Mary's CardzTV stamp sets. Here are the colors: Marigold Yellow, Royal Blue, Rich Purple and Gray (you may use small amounts of Black and White also).

I have a birthday coming up, so I made myself a card. (Can you tell how I am feeling about it?)


Finished Card: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Materials:
Cardstock: White, Black, Marigold Yellow, Royal Blue and Patterned Paper
Cricut Cartridge Over The Hill Cake, page 15 (Buttons 21 and 31)
CardzTV with Mary Clear Stamps Make a Wish, "Over the Hill"
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder D'Vine Swirls
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Spiderweb
Martha Stewart Edge Punch Drippy Goo
Clear Glitter
Inkssentials Glossy Accents
White, Purple and Gray Pigment Ink
Studio G Mini Spider Punch
Mounting Tape

Not my usual style card...

I used purple pigment ink on the candelabra and gray on the stand. I thought the candles would stand out more with the Glossy Accents and the flames with glitter.

Guess my mood is also due to work and all the Halloween/Fall merchandise coming in. Add to it that I injured myself (at work)...Popped a rib out of place...I know, You did what? Yep that's what I said, Popped a rib. (I didn't know you could do such a thing!) However, I went to the chiropractor (twice) and he popped it back into place. Who knew?....

Hope you decide to join the challenge. Please leave a comment.

imagine what you could do...

Side note:
(lol I had pre-posted the card for the Digi Haven Challenge and I hope you check it out...I think it is certainly ironic!...especially the inside sentiment. lol)



4 comments:

  1. I love the embossing. This is a great card - it's just right for how you're feeling about this birthday - and that sentiment - the perfect touch! I hope you're feeling better from the popped rib :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome card Dana!! perfect for a 50th birthday:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dana! This is just perfect!!! I so love it!!! Hope you are feeling better!! I've never heard of a rib popping out either. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails