Friday, August 10, 2012

Digi Haven Challenge "Yummy In My Tummy!"

This week at Digi Haven the challenge is "Yummy In My Tummy". Use any FREE FOOD and/or DRINK digital image. Please link back to the original artist. 

Here is my card:

 
Finished Card: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Materials: 
Cardstock: White, Yellow and Patterned Paper
Meloonheadz Illustrating Digital Image
Spectrum Noir Markers
Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Ovals Large, 2nd and 3rd Largest
Glitter
Queen and Co Rhinestones Sunflower Yellow, 3 Small
Black Pigment Ink
Mounting Tape

Another great image from Melonheadz...I just love these images! (Can't you tell?) lol

I printed out the image twice and colored both lemons the same. I then cut one lemon out and single mounted it on top of the other one. I scraped the edges of the yellow scallop in black pigment ink to give them a little dimension. (And in an abstract kind-of-way, the yellow scallop reminded me of a lemon). I added glitter to the ice cubes and single mounted the pitcher. 

Nothing like a ice cold glass of lemonade on a hot summer evening. Makes ya kindof thirsty, huh?

I, originally, had made another card for this challenge. however, when I went back and checked, the image was not free any longer. (So you see, we, the designers, have to make sure that the images are free also.) I will share the card with you and who created the image...just remember that it's NOT a freebie.


Finished Card: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Materials:
Cardstock: White, Brown and Patterned Paper
Diane's Digital Designs
Spectrum Noir Markers
CardzTV with Mary Clear Stamps FAQ's, "Got Milk?"
White Pigment Ink
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Twenty-Three 
Inkssentials Glossy Accents
Mounting Tape

My favorite...chocolate chip cookies! What's yours?

Now I thought I would point this out. I originally colored the "cookies" in red; however, after I covered the cookie jar in Glossy Accents, the letters changed color (to orange). It didn't bother me since I think this worked as well, but I thought you should know that this could happen. 

Hope you take the challenge...I can't wait to see what you make. 

Thanks for stopping by...leave me a comment! (I love reading them!)

imagine what you could do....





9 comments:

  1. Love both your cards Dana!
    Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lemonade and sentiments! The colors of the card are awesome. And your cookie card is adorable too!
    ~Sandy, Digi Haven DT
    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards; and great papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Dana and love the sentiment and bright colors. It looks so refreshing too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and summery lemonade card so perfect for this time of year! The milk and cookies card is very cute too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cards! I love images from MelonHeadz as well. :)

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such fun cards! Love them!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lemonade image and sentiment!I like how you popped the lemon and glittered the ice cubes. The Cookie jar is cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails