Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's A Boy Card

At Scrappy Moms Stamps, the challenge this week was to use the Cricut Cartridge New Arrival. I came up with this card:


The inside is stamped with "Congratulations".


Finished Card: 4" x 9 1/4" (Fits in a business size envelope).

Materials:
Cardstock: Two Shades of Blue, White, Red, Green Yellow and Patterned Paper.
Cricut Cartridge New Arrival Plane page 118, (Base and Shift Base), "It's A Boy" page 90, (Base)
Cricut Design Studio
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder D'Vine Swirls
Inkadinkado Happy Everything Stamps "Congratulations"
Red, Green and Black Pigment Ink
Studio G Clear Stamps
Mounting Tape

Where I work, one of my Assistant Managers is pregnant and she is having a boy in June. I think I may give her this card. It's her first child. Hopefully, she'll like this card.

I used Design Studio to lay out three airplanes and the accessories, so I could cut them in different colors. Clockwise, the colors were: Blue, Red, Green and Yellow. I then played around and changed the colors so I would end up with three different airplanes. This is how I laid out the 12"x 12" mat:


I didn't glue the "extra" "It's a Boy" sentiments on the banner yet, because I thought that I could change it to "Happy Birthday" or "Congratulations" just in case I needed a different type of card. I also glued a piece of scrap cardstock behind the windows.

Hope you have a wonderful rest of the day. I have a friend coming over. I'm not sure what we'll be doing, but it doesn't matter since it's always nice spending time with a friend.

Don't forget about the give-away (click here). I'll be picking a winner on Tuesday the 19th. Good luck!

I would love to hear from you here also. Your comments are always appreciated. Thanks.

Until the next post....imagine what you could do.....

3 comments:

  1. What a cute, sweet baby card! Love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute - I love that love that little plane!! Thank you for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is adorable! thanks for playing with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!
    liz :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails