Sunday, April 10, 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers at the Paper Variety Challenge

The theme for this week at The Paper Variety is "April Showers Bring May Flowers". The challenge was photo inspired...you could use any element, like the umbrella or rain boots or the color combination black/blue/yellow.

Here is my card:


This is the inspiration:

                              april+showers.jpg

Finished Card: 4 1/2" x 5 1/2"

Materials:
Cardstock: White, Yellow, Black and Patterned Paper
Cricut Cartridge Forever Young Umbrella page 44, (Base and Shift Base)
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Swiss Dots
Small Flower Punch
Hole Punch (for the flower centers)
Inkssentials Glossy Accents
Mounting Tape
Computer Sentiment

I cut out a few extra raindrops, put glossy accents on them and glued them on the umbrella. On the inside, I placed three (3) flowers in the bottom left corner. I was able to use the color combination, in addition to the umbrella. I think it turned out pretty nice. 

Now I'm all for the rain to help the plants grow, but hey, enough is enough already. Right now, I think I'll chant " Rain, Rain, Go Away, Come Again Another Day!"  My yard could stand to dry out ...maybe just a little. 

Hope the rain doesn't deter you from doing anything...well, if you have to stay inside, then craft a little...maybe it will make you feel a little more sunnier.

I would love to hear your comments...thanks.

imagine what you could do.....



1 comment:

  1. This would really brighten my day! LOVE the raindrops! thanks for sharing it with us at TPV!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails