Saturday, October 1, 2011

"Welcome Baby" Cricut 360 Challenge

A few weeks ago, the Walmart that I frequent was having a clearance sale on their Cricut Lite Cartridges. I thought I would pick up a couple of them since they were half price. I bought Block Party, B is for Boy and Sugar and Spice, thinking that maybe I could use them sometime. Well, Cricut 360 is having a challenge called "Welcome Baby". I thought this would be a perfect time to use the Sugar and Spice Cartridge.

Here is my card:



Finished Card: 4 1/4' x 5 1/2"

Materials:
Cardstock: White, Green, Yellow, Black and Vellum Patterned Paper
Cricut Lite Cartridge Sugar And Spice Stork, 35th Button (Base, Shift and Layer  Base)
Cricut Design Studio
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder D'vine Swirls
Sizzix Embossing Folder Scrollwork
Light Green and Light Yellow Chalk
Two Medium Size Buttons Light Yellow
Mounting Tape
Computer Printed Sentiment

I cut the green cardstock 4" x 5 1/4". I then cut the vellum 4 1/4" x 5 1/4". I used a scoring board to score the vellum at 1/4" from the top. I folded it over and then placed it over the green cardstock and taped it down on the back. In this way I didn't have to adhere the vellum on the front. I don't know about you but I don't like the tape/glue to show through when using vellum. I cut a piece of white cardstock at 3 3/4" x 5" and glued that between the vellum and the green cardstock. I thought the white cardstock would help show the vellum off better. After embossing, I lightly chalked the pieces. I thought the buttons at the top just finished the card off.

Would love to hear from you...leave a comment

Hope you have a wonderful day...do something creative, just
imagine what you could do.....

5 comments:

  1. What a darling baby card! Love that you're putting your Cricut cartridges to great use--thanks for joining the "Welcome Baby" challenge at Cricut360!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute card! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love the embossing and the vellum!!! Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I love how you embossed the stork. Thanks so much for joining us at Cricut 360!

    Stacey
    staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! Lucky you, the Walmart I go to has the lite cartridges on clearance for $35 :( Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360.

    Leirad

    leiradcardmakingcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails