Monday, May 20, 2013

Thinking of You Card

I am fairly new with using the Silhouette Cameo. My husband gave it to me for Christmas, but I was intimidated and left it in the box for months and I do mean months! Finally, I put my big girl pants on and gave it a try....and I LOVE IT! Boy I wish I had opened it earlier. lol There is a blog called Cameo Creations Challenge where all the challenges use the Silhouette machines...either the original SD or the Cameo. I thought I would give it a try. The May Challenge is Mother's Day..."create anything for the mommies you love". 

This is my card:


Finished Card: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Materials:
Cardstock: White, Maroon, Gold and Light Blue
Silhouette Cameo
Bugaboo Stamps Cute Bee Flower
Spectrum Noir Markers
Darice Embossing Essentials Honeycomb Background
Inkadinkado Clear Stamps Expressions "Thinking of You"
Black Pigment Ink
Mounting Tape

The bee/flower is single mounted on the honeycomb background.

Now you may think that the sentiment is a little strange for a Mother's Day challenge, however I think it is very appropriate. I lost my mother over 21 years ago (22 in July) and there isn't a day still that I don't think about her. I miss her very much. 

I hope you like my "Cameo Creation". Thanks for dropping by and please leave a comment.

imagine what you could do...









3 comments:

  1. Simply ADORABLE!! Great job!
    Would love if you joined us at Silhouette Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I love the embossing and I love that cut!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails