Saturday, May 12, 2012

RIP Your Youth

Over at Die Cuttin' Diva's, they are having a color challenge...Purple, Orange and Black. Now when I think of those colors together, I immediately think of Halloween.  Well, what's the next best thing? How about an "Over the Hill" birthday.


Inside:


Finished Card: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Materials:
Cardstock: White, Purple, Black and Orange/Black Patterned
Cricut Cartridge Over the Hill Tombstone, Buttons 24 and 34, "Over the Hill" Button 41 and "RIP" Button 43
Charcoal Chalk
Partial Computer Sentiments ("Your Youth" and "It's Official You are")
Mounting Tape

It may be a little difficult to see but between the orange/black patterned card stock and the black base card, there is a layer of purple card stock. When you see it in person, it has a kind of glow...actually it's a little eerie looking. I cut apart the "RIP" so I could make it fit on the tombstone. I chalked the tombstone, around the letters and the edges of the inside to make everything appear old and creepy. I think I might stamp "Happy Birthday" on the inside before using it.

Spent some time in the garden yesterday afternoon (a lot of weeding and a little planting)...boy, was my back hurting last night, but I really felt like I got something accomplished. Hopefully, I'll feel ok to get back in there today...we'll see.

Enjoy the day. Thanks for dropping by...

imagine what you could do

9 comments:

  1. You did awesome with this challenge. I knew there had to be more than just a Halloween theme for these colors. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week. Would you be interested in being a Guest Diva?

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations
    coachfans at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great birthday card, Dana! I love it!--Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! This is super cool. I would love to give something like this. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I automatically think Halloween too! I love that you did something a little different! Super card! Thanks for joining us at DCD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the punny sentiment, it's always better to be over the hill than under the hill! lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card! It made me giggle!
    Thanks for playing along with the Die Cuttin' Divas this week!
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fine job on the challenge!.
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! hoop to see you back by next project.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails