On the post from yesterday, (scroll down to see), I had a flower on top of my cake box. Several people asked for more directions on how to make it. So, I put this together and hope you will be able to follow:
1. Punch out 9 scallops (I used 9 different colors so you could see where they go).
2. Put one scallop aside...this is for the base. Take another scallop and fold in half.
3. Fold in half again.
4. Then in half once more.
5. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 with the other 7 scallops. Remember to fold each scallop so that the "flaps" are going in the same direction.
6. Start to glue the pieces down on the base.
7. Finish gluing all the scallops pieces down. (The "flappy petals" should all open up the same way...if not, then take it off and refold).
8. Pick out something to use for a center...I have a pom pom for this flower. Put glue (I use Tacky) in the center, then place the pom pom in the glue and let dry.
Here is the finished flower and 2 other ones that I made. With the other two, I used patterned paper and buttons for centers).
I hope you were able to follow my directions. It is pretty simple to make. If you decide to try it, let me know how you make out. Thanks. Good luck.
imagine what you could do...